IDIA is a global alliance for the digital infrastructure industry, representing the interests of towercos and our associated ecosystem. Backed by the IFC, and a board of major tower companies, IDIA is a global voice that promotes the socio-economic benefits of our industry for individuals, communities and nations. By bringing global authority to influence regional debate, the alliance will inform regulation associated with communications infrastructure. Members will also have access to a global database of regulatory best practice and socio-economic benefit case narratives for any region.
Global approach to regulation
The launch of IDIA is a direct response to an urgent need for globally recognised regulatory best practice for the deployment of digital infrastructure, crucial for investment in increasingly densified networks. Our work aims to avoid fragmentation in the regulatory environment and secure the long-term infrastructure investments required for sustainable densification worldwide.
- To be a global voice that promotes the towerco industry and brings global authority to influence regional and national debate about communications infrastructure development.
- To identify challenges affecting our members in the context of local, national and international regulation and to work in partnership with all stakeholders to address these challenges.
- To communicate the positive socio-economic impact and sustainability of the towerco model.
- To share global best practice, simple and repeatable deployment processes and socio-economic benefit case narratives.
- To ensure global best practice informs local and regional decision making.